The Village of Adelphi was founded in 1804. It is located in the northeast corner of Colerain Township and Ross County, and is the principal town in Colerain township. The town was surveyed and laid out by Gen. Nathaniel Massie for Reuben and Henry Abrams in 1804. Adelphi was incorporated by act of the State Legislature in 1838. The first religious organization in Adelphi was that of the Lutheran church in 1810. A lodge of Odd-Fellows (Masons) was organized in July, 1848. The first newspaper, under the title of the “Adelphi Border News,” was established January 1, 1879, by D. F. Shriner. The first cemetery in Colerain township was established in connection with the Lutheran church, on Concord Street, in Adelphi. Interments were made in Adelphi Cemetary as early as 1807. There are also two old small cemeteries, Old Methodist and Belleview-Strouse, located on Market St., but these have been superseded by a larger public burial place located outside of the village, Green Summit Cemetery.
Adelphi United Methodist Church, 11892 Main Street
Adelphi Community Church, 11892 Gay Street
Adelphi Senior Nutrition Center – located in the Adelphi Community Center, 11759 Market St. 655-3441.
God’s Community Food Pantry – located in the Adelphi Community Center, 11759 Market St. – food distribution is the 3rd Thursday of the month from 1 to 3pm
Annual events include Community Yard Sales the 1st weekend in June and September, Car Show in September, Trick or Treat/Beggars Night in October and Santa Claus at the Opera House in December.